I have tossed all my store bought cleaners since I have been using essential oils. Not only do the oils smell great and clean and disinfect, they save me money too! I am here to tell ya, they are a miracle in a bottle as far as I am concerned. Now for 10 of my favorite things to do with the oils!!
1. Disinfecting Spray
- Mix 6 drops Lemon Oil in with 1-2 oz water in a glass bottle.
- Shake and spray on countertops, cutting boards, mirrors, windows, or any surface. This will leave your surfaces sparkling clean and smelling great too
2. Wood Floor Cleaner
- 1 gallon of warm water
- 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
- 15 drops of citrus oils (Lemon, Wild Orange, or oil of your choice)
- Mix in a bucket and mop.
- No rinsing needed
3. Wood and Furniture Polish
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 10 drops of Wild Orange or Lemon Essential Oil
- Mix in an 8 oz glass spray bottle
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply to a microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean.
4. Sink or Tub Cleaner
- Wet the sink
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of baking soda (more if a kitchen sink or tub)
- Add 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Scrub with damp rag or sponge
5. Dryer Sheets
- Put Purify, Elevation, Lavender, Serentiy or another favorite oil on a wet rag and place in the dryer with your wet clothes. Helps with static and makes your clothes smell fresh and clean.
6. Wash Aid
- Put a few drops of Purify essential oil in your washing machine with your clothes to make your clothes smell fresh and clean.
7. Air Freshener
- 1 small Mason jar with a lid and band
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 5-6 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Small screwdriver or nail
- Put 1/4 cup baking soda into your small Mason jar.
- Add 5-6 drops of your favorite dōTERRA essential oil or blend. Recommended Essential Oils: Balance, Cassia, Geranium, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, On Guard, Purify, or Wild Orange.
- Put the lid on top of the Mason jar and seal it tight with the band.
- Take your hammer and nail and punch small holes in the top. Add some style by drawing a design onto a piece of paper and then securing the design on top of the lid with a strong tape around the edges and poking holes along the pattern.
- You’re done! Just place the jar in an area you would like to keep smelling fresh. This could include: the bathroom, near a garbage can, in your closet, near your dirty clothes, etc. Shake the jar often to activate the fresh scent. If the scent starts to fade, simply add 2-3 more drops of essential oil into the jar. –
8. Toothbrush Sanitizer
- Place your toothbrush in a cup of clean water with 4 drops On Guard
- Let set for 5-10 minutes.
9. Dish Soap
- 2 cups unscented castile soap
- 20 drops Lime essential oil
- 8 drops Lemon essential oil
- 6 drops Citrus Bliss essential oil
- Fill a large, clean bottle with castle soap.
- Add essential oils. Shake bottle before each use.
- You’re done! Just add 1-2 tablespoons to dish water for use.
10. Stove Top Cleaner
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup table salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4–5 drops of Purify Cleansing Blend
- Stir all ingredients together until they form a paste and spread it over the stove top and burners.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or longer for hard-to-remove stains.
- Using a sponge, scrub the mixture into the grime.
- Remove excess cleaner and wipe surface clean.
So, there you have it. Ten of my favorite ways to clean with doTERRA. It’s so much fun to see all the different ways to use these oils. I would love to help you learn more. Check out my store at essentiallynanna.com