Using dōTERRA essential oils have provided amazing benefits for my familys and friends. When people try them for the first time I have found that they ALWAYS go into this skeptical, but they return AMAZED at the benefits they are now experiencing. I love that I am providing natural solutions to concerns or ways to make my home a place with less chemicals (cleaning products) for my family.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The contents are not intended to provide a professional medical diagnosis, opinion or to recommend any particular course of treatment
As you begin to use essential oils you need to take the following precautions.
- Keep oils out of the reach of children.
- Use only 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) essential oils.
- Follow all label warnings and instructions.
- Essential oils should not be used in the eyes, on open wounds or in the ear canal
- Keep essential oils away from the eyes. After applying oils, keep hands away from eyes.
- Dilute oils when using on infants, young children and those with sensitive skin.
- Do not use on a child’s hands as they may transfer oils to the eyes, additionally, cover a baby’s feet with socks after applying oils so they will not put their feet into their mouth.
- Some oils are “hot” such as cassia, cinnamon and oregano. Always use caution and dilute.
- Many essential oils are just as effective when diluted down to 5%. I have a previous post about carrier oils and dilutions you can read.
- If redness or irritation occurs when using topically, apply vegetable oil (olive, coconut or almond oil, etc) to the affected area.
- Do NOT consume an essential oil internally unless the product is FDA approved as GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe). Many doTERRA oils may be used internally. Look at the bottle for this information if you are not sure.
- Avoid the sun after using citrus oils which cause sun sensitivity.
- Consult with your physician before using essential oils, particularly if you are pregnant or under a doctor’s care.
- If pregnant, avoid most essential oils without doing further research.
- Do your research if you even if you are not pregnant. 😉 Empower yourself!!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Essentially Nanna – Barbara